We are seeking visual art, poetry, and literary prose for our quarterly issues. We seek work by and for the queer/GLBTQIA community.
Yearly Erotica Issue
Once a year in the summer Wilde Magazine will publish an erotica issue. This issue will contain work of a sexual nature.
Our mission with this issue is to present queer sex separate from a heterosexual model, and free from problematic ideologies such as sexism which manage to manifest themselves in many same-sex presentations of sexuality.
All the same rules apply, except that work must qualify as sensual, sexual, or erotic.
- The deadline for submissions for our summer issue is June 21, 2013, and we aim to release the Summer issue on July 21, 2013.
- All submissions must be your original work.
- Our editors will try to respond to you within a time frame of 2-3 months or less.
- Wilde Magazine is a magazine by and for the LGBTQIA* community. While we might accept submissions from straight allies, our focus is on work from those in the queer community. Other than that, we seek a wide diversity is ethnicities, cultures, genders, religions, etc.
- Work with sexual themes/nudity is permitted, so long as it is tasteful.
- No simultaneous submissions or previously published work.
- At Wilde Magazine, we want to see you succeed as an artist or writer. Therefore, if we feel your piece has potential, we will e-mail you back with suggested revisions or critique based on the opinion of our staff.
- Make sure images are high resolution – no less than 300 dpi. Images with a lower resolution will be rejected and a higher resolution version will be requested. Please, check your work’s resolution before submitting!
- Make sure the titles of your pieces are explicitly stated somewhere in your submission.
Wilde Magazine Publishing Rights
By submitting to Wilde Magazine, you confirm that the work submitted is original work created by you, the submitter.
You grant Wilde Magazine North American Serial Rights; therefore, following publication in Wilde Magazine, all rights revert back to you and your work may be published elsewhere and we will no longer retain copyright over it.
By submitting, you give us permission to use your name and biographical information on ours or any of our affiliated sites, and in external marketing efforts in social media. The information we use will be the name you attach to your submission and the cover letter.
Your work may be edited prior to publication, primarily copyediting for punctuation, correct spelling and grammar, and formatting.
In terms of formatting, your work may be subject to being overlaid with text for information, or even to have an overlay of poetry or prose. We seek to create an artistic composition of art and writing within the magazine.
You understand Wilde Magazine offers no monetary compensation, but as a contributor, you will receive a digital copy of the magazine.
By submitting, you confirm your understanding and agreement to these terms.